New Enrolments Children will normally start school on their fifth birthday. Parents please contact the school at least 1 Year before your child turns 5. A stationery package is available from the school office which has extra items inserted especially for New Entrants. Pre-school visits (“Kick Start”) start in the month prior to your child’s starting date.
- If you know of any In-Zone 4 year olds who may be attending the school during the year, could you please advise the school administration ASAP.
- If you know of any Out of zone new entrants who may wish to attend Riverlands School in the near future, please ask their parents to contact the school administration ASAP as there maybe a number of balloted places available during the year.
Our School Zone
Enrollment at the school is governed by an Enrolment Scheme; this is available from the school office for viewing.
Parents of students who live within the home zone should notify the school at least a year before their child is to attend school, to assist the school to plan appropriately for the next year. Students who live in the home zone are entitled to enrol at the school.
Download In Zone enrolment form:
Home Zone 1.
The Riverlands School Home Zone is the area bounded by:
The Opawa River to the Main St roundabout,
A line that follows Redwood St to the intersection of Alabama Rd,
Alabama Rd to where the Sutherland Walkway intersects with Alabama Rd.
A line south following the Sutherland Walkway to the north side of Oakwood Lane.
A line that follows the north side of Oakwood Lane east to Dry Hills Lane.
A line south to the Wither Hills.
A line that follows the top ridge of the Wither Hills east to State Highway 1,
The zone follows State Highway 1 and crosses at Fire #3938 then follows a line to the sea along Redwood Pass and Castles Rd.
Out of Zone Students
The Riverlands School Board will determine whenever necessary that there are likely to be any places available for Out of Zone students for the next year. Parents of Out of Zone new entrant (Year 1) children, or whatever vacancies are advertised, are asked to collect an Application Pack from the school office or download the form and return to the office as soon as possible.
The Board will determine when it is necessary to conduct a ballot. This information will be advertised in the local paper with plenty of time for applications to be made to the school.
Applications from out of zone students will be processed in the following order of priority:
- First priority will be given to applicants who are siblings of current students.
- Second priority will be given to applicants who are siblings of former students.
- Third priority will be given to applicants who are children of a former student of the school.
- Fourth priority will be given to any applicant who is either a child of an employee of the Board of the school or a child of a member of the Board of the school.
- Fifth priority will be given to all other applicants.
If the number of out of zone applications exceeds the number of places available, students will be selected by ballot, which will be held at different times throughout the year. Parents will be informed of the outcome of the ballot within three school days of the ballot being held.